Top 5 Best Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filters
Introduction To Countertop Reverse Osmosis Top 5 Products.
You might be asking yourself Why do I need a countertop reverse osmosis (RO) filter? The answer is you probably don’t, since the majority of tap water is safe to drink from. However, if your municipal utilities are not up to the game, you’ll want a water filtration system. As reverse osmosis water filtration is proven to improve water quality, this is your ideal solution. Unless you’re the homeowner, it’s better not to get an under sink system, since that would require some permanent adjustments to your cabinets. This is why a countertop water filter could be the better option.
If you’re just renting the place, or if you travel a lot and need a portable system to carry with you, then a countertop RO system might just be the right thing for you. It’s less expensive than an under sink installation, has fewer parts, and, more importantly, it doesn’t have to work against a pressurized tank, which gives it a slightly better performance. If you can accept the smaller capacity as a tradeoff, then this is definitely the way to go. So let us try to suggest for you the Best Countertop Reverse Osmosis system for your home.
Overview Of This Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Product.
The long-windedly named APEC US Made Portable Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System is pretty much what it reads on the tin, and it’s definitely our top pick for this list. It’s one of the best RO systems out there, and it’s not even expensive (though nobody would go as far as calling it cheap). Depending on how often you use it, it should pay for itself in three months to half a year, even when you factor in a filter change. You could have it professionally installed, but that would be a serious waste of money, seeing how you can do it yourself, in under a minute, probably even while talking to your in-laws on the phone. Apec Water Systems are a well respected brand, so we will start here;
All jokes aside, though, the system hooks up in a matter of minutes, and it’s compatible with most standard faucet brands. All you have to do is replace your faucet’s aerator with the APEC outlet, and that’s it! When you want to use the filter, simply turn the switch, and it’ll start purifying. The first stage will take care of any dust, dirt and metal particles, while the second stage removes chlorine, odors, colors and cloudiness from water. The third and fourth stage take to get rid of up to 99% dissolved solids (think arsenic, fluoride, lead) and residual contaminants, respectively, for a cool and pure drink of water containing no more than 5ppm of dissolved solids (compare it to about 130ppm of contaminants in unfiltered water).
The APEX is a US-made water filter system and highly regarded in the industry, with good reason. It’s able of pumping out up to 90 Gallons per Day (GPD), so it’s more than adequate for small households. On that note, you’re not required ta max out the capacity, but seeing as these types of filtration systems are self-cleaning, you should avoid leaving it idle as much as possible.
- The APEC can hook up to about 90% of all kitchen faucets; the process involves removing your faucet’s aerator and replacing it with APEC’s special outlet.
- This is a US-made RO system with a high performance of up to 90 gallons per day, or close to 4 gallons per hour.
- The high-grade quality purifying system consists of 4 stages/components – Sediment filter, coconut shell activated carbon filter, FILMTEC Dow Chemical High Rejection TFC RO membrane and another coconut shell activated carbon filter.
- The APEC is able to operate with a range of water pressure 40–80 PSI.
- It’s perfect for apartments, dorms, condos, RVs and even boats, and it’s designed with seniors, students and travelers in mind.
- The whole thing weighs a mere 7 pounds, which makes it easily portable whether you’re moving or just staying in a hotel.
- It has a reasonably small footprint, measuring 6 x 14 x 6.5 inches.
- The APEC does come with a 1-year limited warranty, so you can enjoy peace of mind for at least a year.
Overview – Crystal Quest Reverse Osmosis CQE-CT – 00142
Although the primary function of any countertop reverse osmosis system is to filter water, most of the time you can expect adequate, but not great results. However, with the Crystal Quest CQE-CT-00142, you’ll have no problems reducing silt, sediments and/or any type of organic pollutants (cysts, mites, organic waste). It also does an impressive job of removing metals and other volatile contaminants, all the while keeping it budget-friendly. Granted, it’s not cheap, but then again, when it comes to RO systems, you don’t want to target the extremes, since it’ll cost you more than you expected.
What makes the CQE-CT-00142 countertop reverse osmosis stand out among dozens of similar systems is the innovative electrochemical process that removes dissolved metals. It’s pretty much comparable to how a magnet works, though that’s an unfair oversimplification, and explaining it would take up too much space, so just trust us when we say – it works like a charm, which is another reason we like this Crystal Quest product.
The daily capacity of this water filter system is about 50 gallons, which is more than enough to cover the needs of a small household, and there’ll be plenty of clean, tasty water left to water the plants. This is a 10-stage filtration system, all the better to purify any heavy pollutants such as metals, fluoride, chlorine, the works, so it’s more than recommended for areas that have to deal with consequences natural disasters (think Katrina 2015).
- The 3-cartridge, 10-stage RO filter involves an electrochemical process that removes dissolved metals (lead, mercury, chromium, aluminum, cadmium, copper, nickel, etc.), while the rest of the system takes care of other volatile chemicals (fluoride, chlorine, cysts, THM, benzene, cyanide, etc.)
- 50 GPD capacity, nothing to write home about, but more than enough for an entire family; you’ll be able to see significant savings in about three months’ time.
- The installation is ridiculously easy, and it’s very user-friendly, so you can take it with you whenever and wherever.
- Of course, the major selling point of the CQE is its fine particle removing design, but the system also reduces silt, sediment, cyst, sand, rust, dirt and other macro pollutants.
- The system works best with 55 PSI running through it (that includes purifying the water and self-cleaning); on that note, don’t let it sit idle if you can avoid it.
- The whole setup has a small footprint, about 5 x 12 x 10 inches, so you can just leave it on the countertop, it shouldn’t obstruct your usual activities.
- While on the topic, the CQE weighs about 5 pounds, so you can just as easily take it with you if you’re staying in a hotel with questionable water quality.
Overview ZIP Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
If you need the ultimate portable reverse osmosis water filter, then you’ve come to the right place. The ZIP Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter is easy to install without any special tools or professional help, and it’s safe and simple to use. It does cost a pretty penny, but rest assured you’ll taste where each and every one of those pennies went (figuratively speaking, of course). In a word, it’s pricy, but worthwhile, and has the best ratio of purified water to waste in its class. Moreover, it comes in three distinct and stylish color combos – Space Black, Silver White and Violet Purple, allowing you to decorate your space with as much character as a kitchen appliance can provide. This Reverse Osmosis Countertop system is a great looking, zero installation product.
The most unique feature of this RO system, and at the same time its one major selling point is its compact, standalone design. What we mean by standalone is that the ZIP RO filter doesn’t have to be connected to the faucet (so no more leaky diverter valves or outlets). Instead, you simply fill the supply pitcher with how much water you need, place it in the filter, and then plug the filter in (if you don’t keep it plugged in all the time) and turn the dial. In about 10 to 20 minutes, you should have a storage pitcher holding half a gallon of crystal clean water.
Another important feature of this RO system is that it has zero per cent waste water, which is unparalleled as far as these systems go. For less power than a 24W bulb uses, you get 50% recovery rate (1:1); moreover, seeing as the filter doesn’t require being connected to any plumbing, you can put it pretty much anywhere – kitchen, bedroom, guestroom, even office and classroom. Moreover, you can power it using any standard 12V cigarette lighter plug if you want to use it in your RV or motorhome.
- The ZIP RO filter is ridiculously easy to install, easier to use, and simple to maintain; it requires one filter change per year.
- There’s zero per cent waste water, and the storage pitcher can hold little over 4 gallons of pure water.
- ZIP’s patented tech power-efficient 4-stage system uses less power than a 24W bulb, and can be powered by a car’s cigarette lighter for use on the road.
- Both pitchers are BPA-free.
- The capacity of this reverse osmosis system is approximately 70 gallons per day, or just over 3 gallons per hour.
- It’s not the smallest of reverse osmosis filters, but the compact design still does a great job of making a storage-friendly footprint (14.5 x 9.5 x 16.2 inches).
- Weighing some 23 pounds, it’s a bit on the heavy side, but it more than makes up for it with functionality. It’s great if you have to move, but taking it with you on travels is off the table.
- ZIP offers one of the best warranty deals out there.
Overview Of The Reverse Osmosis Revolution RO-CTOP
The ROR’s RO-CTOP purification water system is an excellent inexpensive choice for folks who prefer good quality-to-price ratio than having all the possible bells and whistles. It’s well able to handle really bad water thanks to its unique 5-stage filtration system, and should pay for itself in no time (a couple of months, half a year tops). Moreover, it’s fairly lightweight and installs in under a minute, so you can even take it with you on a trip and use it in the hotel.
This countertop reverse osmosis system fits 96% of all kitchen faucets, no matter if it sports a female or male spout. There’s a chrome metal 2-way diverter that comes with the filter that lets you easily attach it to any standard faucet.
The 5-stage filtration system features a DI Deionizing Mixed Bed OPPM polishing filter, which essentially does what it sounds like – makes exceptionally clear filtered water. It’s kind of a filter within a filter. The whole thing is designed and made in the US, which is pretty much a guarantee it complies to all the safety regulations. This is important for good ro systems.
- The filter fits up to 96% of all kitchen faucets, installing in under a minute.
- There’s an option between a chrome metal 2-way diverter or garden/laundry hose adapter, depending on where you want to attach it.
- The 5-stage system works exceptionally well and lets you have peace of mind knowing the water is clean.
- The max flow capacity is 75 gallons per day, which is more than enough for you, your family, the pets, and plants.
- Has a great reverse osmosis membrane to produce filtered water.
- Works well within 40–75 PSI range, though it achieves best results at 60–65 PSI.
- The entire thing barely weighs 5 pounds, which makes it easily portable and well suited for folks who travel a lot.
- Reverse Osmosis Revolution offers a 1-year limited warranty.
Overview Home Master Water Filtration System.
If you’re on the hunt for an inexpensive and ultra-portable reverse osmosis system, you might as well check out the Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2 Counter Top Water Filtration System. As the rest of its class, the TMJRF2 Jr F2 is easy to install, and even easier to use. However, the best thing about it is how little space it takes, which makes it perfect for any sink top. Plus, its elegant design comes in two distinct flavors to match any style (Black and White).
What sets the Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2 from the competition is its incredibly compact design and minimal footprint. This is the most lightweight reverse osmosis water filter on our list, and quite possibly on the market. This makes it easily portable, so you can take it with you anywhere, whether you’re moving away or just taking a trip to a region with questionable tap water. Moreover, it installs in under a minute, so it wouldn’t take up much from sightseeing.
This is a three-stage system, but don’t let the number deceive you (like with most things, bigger is not always better). The TMJRF2 Jr F2 is still able to produce highly pure water, getting rid of up to 93% of chlorine, fluoride and other volatile chemicals that your municipal water utilities might’ve missed.
- As repeated ad nauseam, the system’s major selling point is its compact design, and, consequently, barely noticeable footprint.
- You’re guaranteed to get highly clean, tasty drinking water, as the system removes up to 93% of fluoride, chlorine, and other volatile contaminants.
- Did we mention it was inexpensive? So you can enjoy filtered water without breaking the bank.
- The filter nominally fits male spouts, so if you have a female spout, you’ll need an adapter ring and an o-ring (included); it’s compatible with about 90% of faucets out there.
- Works well within the following range – 20–90 PSI.
- The famed small footprint is 12.3 x 9.4 x 7.6 inches, which is pretty much equivalent to a fresh roll of paper towel.
- Weighing a mere 4.1 pounds, the Home Master Jr can travel with you wherever you go.
- Comes with the best warranty of the industry – 3-year limited.
Reverse Osmosis System Conclusion
Thanks for taking the time to read our thoughts to find the Best Countertop Reverse Osmosis brand. Of all the reverse osmosis systems out there, we like these 5.
It always seems unfair to pick a favorite, but in this case, there’s no doubt – the APEC US Made Portable Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System definitely has the best quality-to-price ratio, and brings the best bang for the buck. Moreover, it has the best GPD (gallons per day) rating – 90, so it should suit anyone who needs to have the portability without sacrificing capacity. This will provide plenty drinking water for the family. Further details and reviews can be found here. We like this Apec Water Systems model and think you will also.
On a similar note, the Crystal Quest CQE-CT-00142 comes with a very approachable price tag, but with almost half the GPD (50). This is an affordable osmosis water filtration system.
Conversely, the ZIP Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, is the zero installation choice, given the fact it doesn’t have to be connected to any plumbing to function. We think this is a nice looking osmosis water filtration system. It’ll even work on any standard 12V car cigarette lighter adapter.
Now, for those working within a budget, Reverse Osmosis Revolution RO-CTOP Purification Water System might prove interesting. It doesn’t excel in any particular regard but keeps it balanced and above average. If it weren’t for the CQE, this would be the runner up.
Out of all the portable reverse osmosis systems we reviewed here, the most portable would be the Home Master TMJRF2 Jr F2 Counter Top Water Filtration System. Not only is it the lightest, but it’s also the most compact, so you’ll have no problems stuffing it in the suitcase and whisking it away to a hotel with… less than trustworthy tap water. Nothing worse than finding the hotel doesn’t have clean drinking water, after all. This is why an affordable ro water filter is a good investment.
On a balance, all of the countertop water filter systems on this list are worth checking out. Whether you take this or that one will depend on your needs, so we took care to include something for everyone. If you’re now thinking about a whole house osmosis system read our reviews on the best products on the market. If you didn’t find anything you like, we hope it’s given you an idea of where to start your search. Happy shopping!
Categorised in: Countertop Reverse Osmosis