Benefits Of Drinking Water Some Fun Facts.
What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Water For Humans?
On average the adult male needs about 3 liters (3.2 quarts) per day. I know, that doesn’t sound much you’re thinking. Similarly, the adult female needs slightly less, so this is around about 2.2 liters (2.3 quarts) per day.
Advantages Of Drinking Water
Granted water isn’t the sexiest drink around, but it’s important for all of us.
Here are some interesting facts about the benefits of drinking water:
* The human body is made up of about 60-67% water. The skin contains 64% water, while the muscles and kidneys are 79%.
* A chicken, on average, contains roughly 75% water.
* A pineapple ( like a Watermelon ) is about 80% water.
* The human brain contains approximately 73% water. Same for the heart.
* Human blood, irrespective of the blood group, is actually 79% water.
* Human teeth believe this or not. They actually contain about 10% water. Even our bones are watery @ 31%.
* Adults need according to health research, on average 8 to 12 glasses of drinking water daily.
* In the U.S., 75% of us are chronically dehydrated.
* A 2 percent drop in body water can cause fuzzy short-term memory. This results in trouble with basic math, also trouble focusing on reading a printed page or your computer screen.
* Losing 4 to 5 percent of your body’s water can have consequences in both adults and kids alike as it makes your work performance drop by 20 to 30 percent.
* Lack of water is regarded as the number 1 cause of daytime tiredness.
* Dehydration is not just a summer condition. Actually, it can occur in any season.
* Children lose proportionately more water sweating than do adults.
* Athletes and other sportspeople can often lose up to 5 quarts of water in one practice session.
* Drinking water is good if you are on a diet or fitness regime as it’s non-fattening.
* Small sips of water regularly over your day are better than drinking whole bottles or glasses at once.
* Too much water isn’t good for you. Taken onboard in too short a time can actually cause illness or prove fatal.
* Water absorbs shock to vital organs in the human body.
* Water offers protection to human eyes.
* Travel, especially long haul flights, increases your need to drink more water.
* Exercise, fitness & sport increases your need for drinking water.
* Your food, depending on the type and way it is prepared, can provide about 3 cups of water daily.
* Can you imagine 16,000 gallons of water? Over an average lifespan, a human will consume at least this amount.
* If you are dieting, one glass of water instead of food is proven to stop midnight hunger pangs.
Are you getting the right amount of drinking water you should each day?
It’s important to drink sufficient water each day to help with your health. More importantly, though is making sure the water you are consuming is clean and free from nasties such as contaminants. We’ve looked here at how safe is your drinking water.
Tags: advantages of drinking water, benefits of drinking water, benefits of water
Categorised in: Articles