3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Sanitary Quick Change Water Filter System AP904 – Professional. Quality-built. Simple. Effective.
The 3M Aqua-Pure AP900 Series Whole House Sanitary Quick Change Water Filter System has many great qualities about it and the fact that it is a single filter system doesn’t let it down at all.
With so many choices for water filters, why would you consider the 3M Aqua-Pure AP904?
Well, it won’t take up any space under your kitchen sink, that’s for sure. As the name suggests, it’s a whole-house filter and is installed downstream from the water meter or well pump.
This means you get the ultimate in water protection for your whole home. From the pipes to the dishwasher, clothes washers, water heater, and every faucet. Your appliances will love you for it and will last a lot longer than without it.
Super-efficient too, with up to 85% chlorine taste and odor reduction using carbon block technology.
The head that the filter cartridge twists into is made of food-grade stainless steel (that has a 25-year guarantee) and can be easily fitted to the existing copper pipes in your home by a plumbing professional.
When you’re looking for a no-nonsense filter to take care of the whole lot. Something that you can just let work and do its job, the 3M Aqua-Pure AP904 should be at the top of your list to check out and consider.
Let’s dig in and have a look at what 3M has offered up with this system.
Features You’ll Value
Simple and effective
This is the simplest whole house filtration system you are going to find!
One filter, set up at the point of water entry to your house, protecting your pipes and appliances as well as giving you much fresher feeling showers and decent water for your coffee!
Lasting for up to 100,000 gallons, the 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Sanitary Quick Change Water Filter System AP904, reduces sediment, Chlorine Taste and Odor, and Scale.
That’s a decent lifespan for a water filter and should get you through a full 12 months depending on the quality of the water that you’ve got going in.
If you’re on extremely poor quality well water for example, then you may be changing your filter every 6 months. It all depends on how much work you need it to do.
Flow rates up to 25 gallons per minute
The 1-inch inlet and outlet connections allow for the free-flow of water through the system and can reach flow rates of up to 25 gallons per minute.
You’ll notice when it’s time to change your filters as the pressure begins to drop. You can also install a pressure gauge either side of the 3M Aqua-Pure filter if you want to get a really accurate indication of when to change your filter.
Easy to replace
Well, what can be said? One filter. Just change it. Replacement water filter AP917HD-S is ever so easy to swap across.
So, apart from the obvious fact that there’s only one filter to change which makes it fairly easy, the Sanitary Quick Change (SQC) design makes even doing that easier.
There’s no need for a filter wrench just a simple lift and twist and you’re done.
No need to change the internal parts or touch a dirty filter, the whole casing goes with it. It’s an all-in-one design.
Ideal for larger homes
It really doesn’t matter what size your house is for this one as 3M claims that it has the capacity to handle pretty much whatever you can throw at it.
Coming in at 25.2 x 4.5 x 4.5 inches, it’s built for the big jobs.
Being suitable for both chlorinated and non-chlorinated water supplies makes it the right choice whether you’re in the city or the country.
Easy installation for the handy at heart
If you’ve got a few handy bones in your body, you could probably get this connected in not too much time at all.
It’s a simple one-bracket installation that fits the top of the stainless steel housing and secures to a wall or something that isn’t going to move. Then the water connections either side are to be connected and checked for leaks.
3M does recommend that the 3M Aqua-Pure AP900 Series Whole House Sanitary Quick Change Water Filter System is installed by a plumbing professional.
What Consumers Say
- The filter housing is solid, made of quality thick stainless steel and is polished on the inside where the water flows through.
- This is 3M’s high-end filter in this series, it’s much better than competing products…my in-laws have been using it in their townhouse for a year now with 0 troubles!
- The water in my NJ home had multiple odors and taste: musty, rusty, and sediment dirty, also red color in the pre-filter I installed. This filter has taken care of all of those concerns. Water quality after the filter is fantastic.
- Easy to install and very well built. Great results.
- Using filter on the home water system (well water) Once installed have not had to remove sink spouts from being clogged with sediment.
- This review is given with years of experience dealing with this technology on an industrial scale. I chose this filter after a few days of research and decided it was the best whole house filter for the money, and is made by a reputable company in 3M who I trust all of the products they put to market.
- Showers are much more enjoyable as I don’t feel I’m bathing in smelly water. Laundry also smells better.
- If you want it, buy it. It works and is very well made
- The bracket to hold the filter housing does not come with mounting screws
- The filter also doesn’t really have instructions on how to mount the bracket; it’s simple though as you only need 2 screws
Whole-house filters are a great way of protecting your pipes and appliances, and when you want to have showers that you feel much more refreshed after and don’t come out of smelling like Chlorine!
I feel like this is a simple solution to what can be a complicated problem. You can have great-tasting water from any faucet in the house.
There are three different filters that are available for this system and this gives you the choice to just remove the larger particles from your water, or get in really deep and dig out all of what’s really going on in there.
When you don’t have much space, the 3M Aqua-Pure AP904 is definitely one of your best choices.
If you like simplicity and effectiveness, the 3M Aqua-Pure AP904 is still one of your best choices.
It’s hard to get away from the fact that one filter can do so much by helping to reduce sediment, chlorine taste and odor, and scale.
The 3M Aqua-Pure AP900 Series Whole House Sanitary Quick Change Water Filter System is built to be corrosion resistant, ideal for larger homes, easy to replace, and gives you clear, great-tasting water at any point throughout your house.
|Product Name:||3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Sanitary Quick Change Water Filter System AP904|
|Removes (% of contaminants):||85%|
|Filter Lifespan:||12 Months|
|Adds Ionized minerals:||No|
|Guarantee:||1 Year (Limited)|