How Much Does A Whole House Reverse Osmosis System Cost?
If you’re in the market for a whole house system, then this is the type that is going to cost you more. It goes without saying, the bigger the unit, the bigger the ticket. Another factor is the brand. Certain brand names are more expensive than others.
Keep an open mind though and look upon this, not as a cost. It is an investment in your health, it can be said. With fresh, clean, germ free water this is what you are paying for. A good quality, minimum 6 stage filter system can cost around $500-600.
Reverse Osmosis System Installation Cost
On top of the product price, you need to consider the setup and installation cost. If you are proficient at do it yourself projects, you’re good to go. Maybe your buddy who is a plumber, has a couple of hours of free time to help?
A typical reverse osmosis system installation cost depends on your system size. Also where you live is another factor. Here’s a little hint for you. Those wonderful people on Amazon have some great contractors onboard. These companies are vetted before being allowed to advertise. So if you are in the zip code area for one of these guys, give them a try. This is the link here;
Easy To Install Models
One easy to install is the Frizzlife MP99. This is advertised as being able to be set up in under 5 minutes. This is thanks in part to their quick twist-in installation design. This Frizzlife was one product we looked at and tested in depth here.
- 【Remineralization & Alkalization Under Sink Water Filter】: The water from the RO membrane is slightly acidic, which also removes natural minerals. The 3rd stage filter solves both issues of conventional RO systems! It balances the alkalinity of RO water and adjusts the PH to more than 7.5. Drinking weakly alkaline water is beneficial to your health. It also restores health-benefiting essential minerals to your water. Frizzlife PD600 produces the healthiest and greatest tasting water for you.
- 【No Tank Design Under Sink Reverse Osmosis System】: Frizzlife PD600 adopts a tankless design. A compact and sleek filter system with a small and convenient footprint takes up less space, saves storage under the kitchen sink! No tank also means no more secondary pollution. Guaranteed to provide ultra-pure, safe, and clean water for you and your family.
- 【600 GPD High Water Flow】: PD600 Reverse Osmosis water filter system adopts internal prompt and can produce 600 gallons of water per day. High capacity can serve the daily water needs of a large family. Water flow is fast and stable, the system can fill a 330ml cup of water in about 10 seconds. Get a full cup of fresh RO water in a snap!
- 【1.5:1 Low Drain Ratio】: Thanks to advanced water-saving technology, Frizzlife PD600 RO system maximizes the efficiency and can save your water up to 450% compared with conventional RO filter systems on market! Being both economic and environmental-friendly, the RO system makes your water bills more affordable. Over the life of the system, the PD600 RO filter system pays for itself in water savings!
- 【Smart LED Display & Quick Change】: The smart display panel tells real-time out TDS and the remaining lifespan of each filter. The built-in TDS system constantly monitors the quality of your drinking water 24/7. Acting as an intelligent reminder, the color-coded indicators will always remind you to change filters in advance. With all parts included and well-organized instructions and videos, Frizzlife PD600 RO filter can be completely installed in a few minutes by yourself.
Another option is the countertop products. One great looking machine is the Waterdrop WD-G3-W Filter. This looks stylish, but is another that can be installed at home in a matter of minutes. I love this machine, it makes my internet router look ancient. The Waterdrop machine is very easy to set up. You can read here for our review on this eye catching product.
- [Trusted Certification] The Waterdrop reverse osmosis system is certified against NSF 58 for TDS reduction and NSF 372 certified for lead-free material. The TDS removal rate of the RO system is certified to be up to 91.9%, and the hexavalent chromium reduction rate is certified to be up to 96.9%. The tankless reverse osmosis system is also certified by the Federal Communications Commission. Besides, it won German Red Dot Design Award 2019 and meets the EU Standards and UKCA Standards for safety.
- [8-stage Filtration] Tested by official third-party laboratory (SGS), the RO system can effectively reduce TDS, chromium, pfas, fluoride, arsenic salt, iron, radium nitrate, calcium, particles, chloride, chlorine and heavy metals like hexavalent chromium in your tap water. And our RO system can reduce chemicals such as vinyl chloride, ethylhexyl acrylate, isobutylene, ethylene glycol, monobutyl ether, according to the reverse osmosis membrane technical manual.
- [400 GPD＆1:1 pure to drain ratio] The RO system offers faster water flow (400 gallons per day) and can filter a cup of water in about 12 seconds. Compared to traditional RO systems, the Waterdrop RO System has a low drain ratio of 1:1 and saves water waste by 300%. Save more money on your water bills!
- [Special Notice]: You must fully turn on the faucet and flush the RO system for 30 minutes after installation. The total water capacity will be about 8. 5 gallons and the water will be undrinkable during flushing. And we highly recommend using the Waterdrop authentic RO faucet as other brands may not be compatible with your system.
- Three filters are included in the package. Search “WD-G3-W” for replacement filters.
For professional, local installation of under sink ro systems the prices when we researched varied a lot. We had quotes from $180 to $450 to do the instal and testing. This does depend on where you live and the make & model of the product.
Reverse Osmosis Water System Cost
As we said above, the whole house systems come in at the top end of the chart. The big under sink versions are cheaper to buy in comparison. Here an ideal price range would be $225-$350 for a decent product. Also, check out the filters which connect directly onto your faucet. Here we are meaning models like the CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter. Here all you need is an adjustable wrench for tightening connections. Again we have reviewed the CuZn UC-200, which is available to read here. These types of filters come in anywhere between $80-$200. We suggest you check out reviews and compare these before buying.
- Incredible Capacity and Lifespan, Up to 5 Years per Filter; CuZn Backs the UC-200’s Long Lasting Performance With a Comprehensive 5 Year Prorated Performance Warranty, CuZn Will Provide Warranty Replacement if Early Expiration Occurs; the UC-200 Is for Municipal Water Only; Do Not Use With Private Well Water; the UC-200 Is a Water Purifier, the UC-200 Does Not Soften Water; the UC-200 Will Not Resolve Issues Caused by Excessively Hard Water Like Lime Scale Mineral Deposits on Tea Kettles
- Simple to Install; The UC-200 is Designed for Direct Connect to the main Kitchen Sink Cold Water Line; No Drilling Through the Countertop to Mount an Extra Filter Dispenser Faucet Required; How to Install Video Tutorial Instructions Available; If You Have Non-Standard Under Counter Plumbing Connection Issues or Are Unable To Complete Installation, CuZn Technical Support Will Diagnose and Provide All Additional Adapters Required To Complete Your Installation
- 3 Stage Filtration Process Utilizing Micro Sediment Membranes, KDF-55 and Coconut Shell Carbon; the UC-200 Will Not Reduce TDS or PPM Type Meter Readings; if TDS or PPM Removal Is Desired, a Reverse Osmosis Type Filter System is Required; the UC-200 Is Designed To Purify Water Without Reducing the Health Beneficial Mineral Content and as a Result the TDS or PPM Type Meter Readings Will Show the Same Results When Measuring the UC-200’s Filtered Water and the Unfiltered
- Bacteriostatic; Unlike Carbon Only Filters, the UC-200 Is Bacteriostatic and Not Susceptible to Mold or Bacteria Growth; To Test the UC-200’s Filtered Water To Confirm if the Filter Is Still Working, Utilize DPD#1 Chlorine Test Strips and Replace the UC-200 When Chlorine Is Detected in the Filtered Water; Sensitive Test Strips That Test Down 0.25 or 0.5ppm Are Ideal for Earliest Possible Detection of Chlorine; Early Expiration Prior to 5 Years Use Is Covered Under Warranty by CuZn
- CuZn’s Comprehensive Install Insurance Policy Is Included With Purchase of the UC-200 on Amazon; if You Are Unable To Complete Your Installation for Any Reason; Or You Have an Alternative Method for Installing the Filter In Mind Such As Connecting the UC-200 to a Dedicated Filtered Water Only Dispenser Faucet Purchased Separately; Simply Use Amazon Buyer-Seller Messaging To Send Us Your Request and CuZn Tech Support Will Diagnose and Provide the Necessary Alternative Install Kit on the House
Reverse osmosis systems are a popular choice for home water filtration, providing clean and safe drinking water for households. However, the cost of a reverse osmosis system can vary depending on factors such as brand, capacity, and additional features. On average, a basic reverse osmosis system can cost between $150 to $300, while more advanced models can range from $400 to $3000 and more. It’s important to consider the long-term benefits of investing in a quality reverse osmosis system, such as reduced water expenses and improved health.
Investing in a reverse osmosis system is a wise decision for the health and well-being of your family. With the affordable cost of basic systems and the long-term benefits they provide, there’s no reason not to make the investment. Take control of your water quality and give your loved ones the gift of safe and delicious drinking water. Don’t wait any longer, make the decision to purchase a reverse osmosis system today!